As we begin to bid adieu to 2021, we draw closer to the need for rejuvenation and reinvention in the world of design. Are you considering refurbishing your home for a fresh start in the upcoming year? Are you feeling out-of-date with your present aesthetic? 2022 promises to deliver a brand-new batch of home design trends to excite and delight any décor enthusiast.
Here, we have compiled a collection of the hottest home design trends to anticipate as we move into the new year:
1. The cozy escape- The pandemic has emphasized the need for cozy, intimate spaces that make one feel relaxed and comfortable. Themed rooms like nautical, bohemian and shabby chic interiors, plaid or stripes, and jute and woven accessories fit the bill excellently.
2. Maximalism – The playful, bold artwork with gallons of color, textures, and large-scale patterns is a hit for the New Year. Maximalism works by layering everything in the room—from wall art to lighting fixtures and furniture.
3. Eco-conscious trends – Sustainable materials, which include organic and biodegradable products and responsible sourcing, are high in demand. This trend aims to support eco-friendly efforts, giving back to the environment, reducing waste, and fighting climate change.
4. Mixed metal accents – Mixed metal decor is called “the jewelry of the room” since it adds some shining, glittering magic to your interiors. Play around with various metallic finishes and colors to create a cozier and more homely atmosphere.
5. Earthy color palettes – From dreamy blues to dusty oranges and terracotta, earthy hues will bring warmth and versatility to your interior space. Muted and softer color tones, such as olive green or buff, combine old-school glamour with casual chic to create a cozy, homely feel.
6. Cottagecore – The cottage aesthetic comprises influences from countryside living, which takes us back in time when life was more straightforward and less complicated. The trend embraces sentimental value, vintage-inspired accessories, and floral patterns to give your space a comfortable, layered look.
7. Curved and rounded furnishings – Rounded edges add an elegant, soft texture to any space. Curved furniture designs are inspired by art nouveau and streamline design, creating a whimsical touch to your interiors.
8. Home gym essentials – In-house workout areas gained traction during the pandemic, and the trend is here to stay in 2022. Combine with biophilic design, natural lighting, and calming colors for a relaxing environment.
In conclusion, 2022 promises Design enthusiasts a wealth of exciting new home design trends to explore, from cozy and intimate spaces to maximalist splendor, mixed metals, eco-conscious and earthy palettes, cottagecore, curved furniture, and home gym essentials. Add a personal touch to a few trends you admire the most, and create the space of your dreams to welcome the new year. Happy decorating!